Just a few educational assumptions that damage kids today:
* Good test scores = good schools.
* Adults are in control of what and when kids learn.
* Data is numbers.
* All of human behavior can be computerized.
* There are only 4 possible options for a student to respond to a standardized question.
* And, there is one best response for all students, and that is the right answer.
* Standardized test scores are the best predictors of future academic performance and future success.
* You must give kids a standardized test in order to evaluate the teacher.
* To improve student academic performance, you need to test them more.
Got any to add?